Oh. My. Goodness. This is one of my favorite soup/stew recipes. I first encountered a version similar to this years ago, but it was dubbed taco soup. Recently, I had knee surgery, and a group of sweet friends kept my family well fed during the first two weeks of my recovery. We had the privilege of sampling yummy dishes, and this one was a hit with my family.
I could easily eat soup every single day of the week (year-round, for that matter), but it better be a yummy recipe for my husband to do so. This is one of those he now has on his list of all-time favorites!
Without any further ado…allow me to introduce Santa Fe Stew!
- 2 lbs ground meat OR 2 bags of veggie crumbles (if you want to make this a vegetarian dish)
- 2 cans pinto beans (not drained)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 or 2 cans of black beans (not drained) – I used two.
- 1 or 2 cans of whole kernel corn (not drained) – Again, I used two.
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 pkg Ranch salad dressing mix
Brown meat/veggie crumbles. Add rest of ingredients. Cook until heated through or to desired consistency.
Serve on Fritos! Optional: top with shredded cheese, sour cream, black olives, and green onions.
That’s it! It’s SO simple and makes quite a bit, so it’s a good one to make and eat for lunch the next day or two.
What is your favorite soup recipe?