I found this recipe through a recent Pinterest search. Having young ones in the house, who happen to be somewhat picky eaters, can often make for one weary mama when it comes to meal planning.
This recipe is very similar to a chicken pan/pot pie but with a slight twist. It’s comfort food at its finest, kid-friendly, inexpensive, and super easy all rolled into one! I recommend either keeping cooked chicken on-hand in your freezer for convenience or using a rotisserie chicken (can’t be the flavor of rotisserie). If you’re really in a hurry, canned chicken will also work.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 can (10.75oz) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (12oz) can refrigerated Grands Jr biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly spray a glass 9 x 13-inch dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl stir together chicken, soup, sour cream, cheese and frozen vegetables.
- Remove biscuits from can and cut each into 4 pieces. Toss with chicken mixture.
- Pour biscuit mixture into prepared pan, making sure biscuits are spread out across the pan. Spread biscuits out if they are clumped together.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Enjoy! Serves 6-8 people.